Thursday, March 06, 2008

Remote Viewing and the Future

Archived from the former firedocs blog. 07 April 2006



Entropia sucks.


I sometimes feel as if 95% of the world around is populated with "extras," like some videogame subjective reality. Only 5% can be counted on even to show up for most of life, let alone to accomplish something once they do. Of those who show up, some only show to hang up a pedigree up like it substitutes for skill or understanding, or to nominate themselves experts and representatives of a class of people they have vastly less in common with than they imagine.


A tiny percentage of the world really seems to be living, as opposed to existing like programmed characters who fill the landscape. There is no reason I suppose that it should be any different in RVland. But I wish it were.


From late '95 when I started studying Remote Viewing, I've had certain ideas about what was possible with RV and what was possible and even probable with the Remote Viewing field. I've felt really let down, over the years, by the people I thought cared the most for RV, or knew the most about it. I blame myself... I shouldn't have built those pedestals. Still, it's been a hard road, and I've heard from a whole lot of people who've walked that same road. It shouldn't have been required, all the disillusion: Remote Viewing and its people presented properly to begin with would sure have saved a lot of time and heartache.


Over the years, I've felt so frustrated with the enormous "inertia" most of the RV field has. It's like a subconscious resistance that manifests in many ways, but at root seems to be a fundamental unwillingness to move in the direction of progress, no matter what is said on the surface. I suppose it's just an indication that on whatever level, our culture at large is just not really ready for RV yet.


I can't blame Remote Viewing as a field for suffering inertia, of course. Maybe it's just handed down by proxy. Some of the science parapsychology field I've encountered makes the mercenary tree sloths of layman's RV seem downright honest and dynamic.


One small step forward.


In March 2002, TKR officially opened its first module. It now has several, and several more coming this year. It's the most hands-on useful tool for viewer development, whether they are methods-trained, self-trained, book/video/web-trained, etc. You might think that since most folks doing training hadn't bothered to provide this kind of needed follow-up service and utilities, for nearly a decade of so many thousands of students, that once it finally came around and welcomed them and free no less, that for the sake of their students at least, they'd have at least been glad to refer folks to its existence.


Ha. You could have heard a pin drop.


Making history


History happened yesterday. And the week and year before that. It's not just what happened in 1975--1986 or even 1986-1995. To hear many people 'educate' others in RVland, you'd think all science stopped suddenly in 1986 (there are political and marketing reasons for that). To hear it go, you would still, 11 years later, think the perpetuation of Swann's first-run experiment on methods was the primary motion of value to RV. You'd think all the 'glory' of stargate, an entrepid and commendable collection of people, would have brought a little more forward to the future than the same old stories from men in suits.


It did. It brought forth Joe McMoneagle, for example. JM's now done around 100 live, in-protocol, on-camera demonstrations of remote viewing. Many on his own dime, just like the decades of doing free viewing nobody else can or will for lost children and other hard luck cases.


In March of 2002, the first "FBI: Psychic Investigator" (Chounouryoku Sousakan) show on Nippon primetime television aired, 10 of them now, plus two shows on Nippon primetime called "The Joe McMoneagle Show" (!) -- all featuring his remote viewing. They have found a LOT of people on missing-person cold-case-files now, some of them missing for over 30 years! All this from Joe's living room in Virginia. Forced into protocol: nobody, even the FBI, knows where these people are (or even if they are alive) -- that's the point.


Many people said that what remote viewing really needed was public demonstration, was in-protocol media, was "real world applications." McMoneagle has hand-delivered every one of these things to the world of remote viewing.

The viewing is amazing. The show has the hokey-hype they love there, but even the factual details are exciting as hell: these guys take info and sketches drawn by JM, and work with maps and more to figure out where on the coast to begin. Then they drive around and walk up to people saying, "Have you seen something that looks like this?" and show the sketches, until they find someone who points the way (or trip over it themselves). Some of the sessions literally have driving and walking directions and maps from the viewer/dowser, and these guys on camera are so excited, running down the street looking for the things mentioned, counting the blocks or steps or stories given, it's so very cool. The TV audience-numbers for the show are now into the stratosphere there, Joe's recognized everywhere (though fortunately, Japan has more respect and decent treatment of celebrities than most countries), and his last book sold out in Japan before they'd even had time to begin marketing for it. You'd think all that work would be the most exciting, talked about, referenced thing in the RV field online!


Hear that?


It's the sound of a pin. Dropping.




Gosh. Maybe Joe should have attended those conferences huh?


I mean, it's not like his work is important, compared to ... compared to ... what again?


Oh yeah! There isn't really anything else in proven protocol rocking the socks off the world.




STAR GATE is DEAD!


It's friggin dead! It is OVER, people! It's done! It's gone!


Yeah it was cool. Yeah it's important. Yeah I respect it. But I am SICK of it!


The world has been moving on for over 10 years and a good chunk of the RV field hasn't even noticed.




There HAS been innovation in the RV field. It has been lurking in corners and closets of the offbeats and the outcasts and the independents and the rebels and the viewers whose obsession with viewing continues their momentum despite the combination of BS and posturing and marketing from and by others. It finds its way through tiny internet email groups for the most part.


The future does not belong to people who might have viewed 20 years ago. It belongs to people who view NOW. The edge of science isn't about what happened pre-1986. It's about what's happening NOW.


Tomorrow I will be nice again. Today I am ranting. C'est la vie. What are blogs for.


Building for the future


There have been a variety of proactive efforts in the RV field online over the last years. Jonina's 'University'. Glenn's big RV projects. Prudence's precog tasking approach and other novel ideas (some better than others IMO, heh). TKR's non-denominational community and RV tools. Steve's Stealth RV stuff. Marty's ARV software. Sure, any of these sources can pay money for the honor of speaking at an IRVA conference and rubbing elbows with history. That is not the same as current efforts being supported even with lip service. I recall the HI Guild used to respond with disbelief when they'd spend months working on a massive RV project and post it and hear an enchoing silence from the field, and finally quit posting them. For the most part, no matter what has been done or presented in an effort to make a name for RV today, to make an effort for the RV of today, to build something for the future, it's ignored. Viewers work their ass off to accomplish something, to be creative, to be proactive, and outside their little groups, field-wide you can hear a pin drop.


It never changes.


In the past, I have had public disagreements with several people in the field. But it has always been about specific points or behaviors, not about RV. I support the RV. I support the proactive efforts they have, no matter my argument with details, and I always support the viewers. I am beginning to wonder if calm, passive inertia -- the RV field's own brand of entropia -- is more deadly to RV than all its bad ideas and nutty people combined.


Independence Day


My priorities in remote viewing have never changed. The details of what and who I felt supported those goals certainly have. But my priority has always been what I felt was the greater good of RV, the development and continuance of the field, the opportunities and development of a sufficient number of remote viewers that we could then DO SOMETHING, damn it!


"Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet." I believe that. I believe there are many opportunities for RV even right now, particularly predictive RV. I believe there are more in the future.


I want to see viewers bloom. I want to see remote viewing as a field, for all its chaos and ego and infighting, grow like a weed. I want to see new ideas and new people and new efforts. I want to see layman's experiments because god knows if we wait for academic science to get a clue we'll all be dust before funding comes along. (And it would probably go to some bonehead when it did anyway, heh.) I want to see viewers who have the courage to try new things. The outcome is not as important as the courage to be creative, proactive, and follow something through. I want RV to live!


We have to move forward. I'm a troubleshooter and project manager by trade and by personality, and if I had time there's a lot of stuff I'd like to do in and for the RV field, but the reality is, like most everybody else, I'm just an over-busy person trying to stretch my clock. All I can do right now is view and continue to build tools that support busy adults managing to find time and resources for their own viewing, because getting a decent number of experienced, skilled viewers is the FIRST major goal: even if next year I take the trouble to try and run some private applications projects, it won't be useful if there arent' worthy viewers!


Anybody who has an idea about how I can build in new ideas to the TKR stuff, tell me, and if it's feasible (technically and time-wise), I will do my darnedest. It doesn't matter who or what the source of the idea is. What matters is that the RV field isn't exactly stuffed with people like me volunteering to build professional management software tools for RV management -- from training to applications -- so unless anybody out there is independently wealthy, I'd say for the moment, I'm what the field has got. Pity I'm not nicer, huh? So what. RV is bigger than me. Bigger than any one of us. I am able, on good days, to put my bonehead obnoxious traits aside long enough to do what serves RV. Really.


Take advantage of TKR. Make use of that resource. Make it count for something. Do you view? Do you run a group of viewers? Do you experiment? What software would make your life easy and fast so you could spend the most possible time on viewing, and the least on the bogus clerical junk that the government can afford to pay for but we can't? What would help you maintain whatever protocol you prefer with minimum effort?


If you or someone you know is doing something proactive with RV, tell me about it. I will at least post a note about it here on the blog. I'm not saying I'll be an ad board. You may suffer my presentation. But I will at least mention it and provide a link so that others in the field will know about it.


Reality.


The government isn't going to pay us. The science field isn't going to fund us. And we aren't moving forward by talking about what happened in the past.


The more innovative people are often the most controversial (or just obnoxious... a trait I know well, heh!), which has greatly contributed to resistance against new efforts, but maybe its their tendency to go their own way that is partly correlated with their actually getting something done, ya think?


Are you viewing? What do you see for the future of remote viewing as a field? What can viewers on the internet do to support each other in some way?


When can we get past the power-method competition, and if we must compete, at least move on to competing by applying real RV to real applications?

1 comment:

parkhurst said...

It seems that many people, who are limited by money and location, could help to form local groups in their respective areas. It shouldn't matter how experienced they are. Interest should be the only requirement. Anybody in Fairfield County, Connecticut? How can we start?