Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wonder Land

Archived from the former firedocs blog. 26 December 2007



After literally going longer without even *thinking* about Remote Viewing than I have in many eons, I woke up one morning recently with a radical attitude adjustment.


I realized, suddenly, that I don't know anything about it.


I don't mean the subject, the protocol, or 47 other aspects we could wax on about. I mean actually DOING IT. Sure, I can do it technically. I could teach a few formal methods, I've developed a couple fairly unique approaches myself, and there's the 2.7 million variants on "just do it" as well.


What I mean is, I think that every thing I think about RV is a belief system.


A filter I've been too close to see.


An assumption I've been too close to question.


I think the mind automatically tries to backtrack from every observation and experience and come up with a 'why'.


I suddenly felt that everything I THINK I know about performing remote viewing is, in fact, an albatross to the process of actually doing it.


I had the feeling, all the sudden, that viewing sometimes went well despite me, not because of me.


***


My goal for 2008 with viewing is to start over. To pretend I know zero about the doing-it-part, and just let every session be anything it wants to be, without models and structures.


To be as spontaneous as humanly possible.


To put no judgement on the process for now.


To let it be like an artistic movie: something I don't have to understand or agree with. Something that is an art form and a mystery and all that matters is how I feel inside and what it means to me. Which can be different every session, every instant.


No labels. No conclusions. No theories!! Just experience. Just letting it happen however it will.


We'll see what happens.

No comments: